Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Proper Approach

This time of the year we always hear what everyone else thinks it means. What does it  mean  to  you?

I started this post during the 2014 Holiday Season. Exactly a week before my fiancè was rushed to the emergency room with an unidentified ailment. I missed Christmas with my children because I knew it was more important to oversee their father's well-being and make sure they would not miss growing up with their father.

I can't say what I had in mind when I started this post in 2014, but I can say with surety that EVERYDAY means the world to me. I am greatful for every minute I have with my family. To spend your life with those you Love and receiving their Love in return is phenomenal. Do not take for granted that random hug or not so funny joke. Anytime I feel a bout of melancholy these things get me through the day.

Though it is still a work in progress, I am diligently working to prolong those family moments because I want my memories to greatly outweigh any regrets. And if it is possible I want these memories to remind me that I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment